"Negotiating With Your Project Team" is NTIs' two-day workshop that will teach you and your employees how to handle the obstacles that can arise during group projects.
Is your project on target, is it meeting goals, deadlines or is the end result not aligned with others in your group? Is your project team reactive as opposed to proactive? These things can easily occur when there are budget cuts, communication across departments, changes in priorities or ineffective project teams.
"Negotiating With Your Project Team" will armor you with skills and tools that will allow you and your project team to engage in effective, win-win negotiations that will result in superior and time-efficient projects. You will learn how to negotiate with your team members to recognize, diagnose and turn your project around in a proactive manner. While doing so, you will build collaborative relationships with your project team and have an increased understanding of communicating across departments and with other within your department.
After attending the workshop with NTI, you will be able to immediately implement your negotiating skills to turn your project and your team around. You will learn tried and true techniques to avoid making the most common errors of negotiators, how to over come manipulative tactics, how to facilitate change and progress within the team. The skills you will learn and practice in case studies, NTIs' Negotiations Game and video taped role plays will enable you and your employees to negotiate so that your projects will have the best possible results, putting your teams, and your project ahead of your competitors.
On-Site Negotiations Training is generally tailored (free of charge) to your specific needs and your organizations needs. This interactive training workshop can be delivered on-site at a time and location of your choice.
Participants will learn to:
- Create and maintain a change process and gain internal support for it.
- Make differing ideas into Win-Win negotiations situations.
- Manage questions by answering appropriately with out giving to much or to little detail.
- Answer questions succinctly so they don't interrupt the flow of the negotiations and the sales and service process.
- Act proactively instead of reactively in all negotiations situations.
- Avoid project creep and how to negotiate deadlines.
- Deflect personal, hostile or irrelevant objections and questions by re-establishing common ground.
- Create a list of concessions that can be given during the negotiation to use as bargaining tools.
- Increase communication across departments and within a single department.
- Use the pace, tone, and pitch of their voice to obtain a calm, powerful negotiation position.
- Properly use necessary documents and outlines to legitimately overcome negotiation objections.
- Use effective body language and facial expressions.
- Prepare a principled negotiation outline by using a simple, yet a highly effective format.
Class Size: 6-15
(Please note that we can increase the class size for private seminars)
Length: 2 days
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
For more information and pricing, please complete this form and we will email you a confidential Annotated Outline that will provide you with an hour by hour description of this training seminar.
Neutralizing Negotiation Tactics
Public Negotiation Training