"Handling Obstacles During Negotiations" is NTIs' one-day hands on workshop that will teach you and your employees how to handle the obstacles that can, and will, arise during negotiations. Have you ever noticed that when objections and questions arise during negotiations, they can either add to the benefit of both parties, or they can cause the parties to reach a stalemate, or cause one party or the other to feel they left to much money on the negotiations table? Why does this happen? In negotiations the cause could be lack of preparation, thought and understanding of the purposes of questions and negotiations criteria could make the difference so your negotiation turns into a truly win win outcome vs. a win lose or lose lose result. For instance, when an objection is appropriately handled during the negotiations process and looked at from another angle, the other party senses that the negotiator is truly interested in interacting with them and reaching a mutually beneficial outcome. This is the right Negotiations signal to send.
"Handling Obstacles During Negotiations" will provide you with negotiations skills and negotiations tools to use that will allow you to engage in effective, win-win negotiations that will help you achieve the desired outcome of putting more money in your pocket! More importantly, you will build collaborative, long lasting relationships with your negotiation partners. After attending the negotiations workshop with NTI, you will see immediate positive results in your personal and business negotiations. You and your employees will know how, and be able to handle difficulties during your negotiations. You will learn tried and true techniques to avoid making the most common errors of negotiators, and how to overcome manipulative tactics. The skills you will learn and practice in NTIs online negotiations pre-work, the classroom case studies and video taped role plays, and NTIs Negotiations Game will enable you and your employees to negotiate deals that will put you leagues ahead of your competitors.
On-Site Negotiations Training is generally tailored (free of charge) to your specific needs and your organizations needs. This interactive training workshop can be delivered on-site at a time and location of your choice.
Participants will learn to:
- Effectively perceive tactics and to neutralize them.
- Manage questions by answering appropriately and ending with another question to regain control of the negotiations.
- Answer questions succinctly so they don't interrupt the flow of the negotiations.
- Deflect personal, hostile or irrelevant objections and questions by re-establishing common ground in the negotiations.
- Create a list of concessions that can be "given" during the negotiation to use as bargaining tools.
- Use the pace, tone, and pitch of your voice to obtain a calm, powerful position.
- Properly use necessary documents and outlines to legitimately overcome objections.
- Use body language and facial expressions that are effective, and does not reveal too much emotion.
- Prepare a principled negotiation outline by using a simple, but highly effective format.
Class Size: 6-15
(Please note that we can increase the class size for private seminars)
Length: 1 day
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
For more information and pricing, please complete this form and we will email you a confidential Annotated Outline that will provide you with an hour by hour description of this training seminar.
Public Negotiation Training
Neutralizing Negotiation Tactics