Our two-day Logistics Negotiations workshop focuses on the need for developing and strengthening the Logistics negotiation skills of company's Logistics employees, while keeping in mind the need to maintain lasting, beneficial supplier relationships and outstanding service to their customers. This hands-on workshop, using extensive role playing, interactive exercises, games and personal feedback, improves participant's abilities to communicate, negotiate and handle difficult negotiation situations. Emphasis is placed on planning and executing both one-on-one and team negotiations. With these improved skills, your employees will be able to handle any face-to-face or telephone negotiation situation, both internally and externally with greater confidence.
Rail transportation can make up as much as 80% of a petrochemical company's total logistics cost. With the railroads operating in what can be monopolistic environments and historically focused on revenue rather than more easily understood and calculated margins, negotiations can be frightening. In this type of negotiation, it is critical that you personally understand the importance of preparation, how to develop options, what drives the supplier, and how to set your goals, understanding when it's better to walk away than not. But what about the other types of service providers? What kind of an environment exists in the trucking industry? How about for terminals and packaging facilities? Preparation for these negotiations is also critical, and our Logistics Negotiations workshop will teach your people a process they can use regardless of the situation.
Equally important is the ability to quickly recognize the negotiation style of your supplier's representative, and to be able to recognize and neutralize the tactics they may use. Our Logistics Negotiations workshop removes the mystique and stress of negotiations, and gives your employees an easy to follow guide they can use in any negotiation. In this workshop, your personnel will learn to recognize the four styles of negotiation, what their own style is and how to alter it to improve the outcome. They will also learn about the twenty most common negotiation tactics, how to recognize them, and most importantly how to neutralize them. Your people will come away from this experience able to make a real difference to the outcome of any negotiation.
The course materials provided to students enhance the learning experience during and after the workshop. An extensive workbook that contains detailed learning simulations, role-plays, check sheets and planning materials is provided for each student to use during the class and to take with them to use as a highly effective reference and planning tool in the real world.
The workshop is highly participatory, personalized and limited to a maximum of 15 participants per session. This workshop teaches the tools necessary to operate with skill and grace in negotiation situations, and the ability to work toward outcomes that benefit all parties involved.
On-Site Negotiations Training is generally tailored (free of charge) to your specific needs and your organizations needs. This interactive training workshop can be delivered on-site at a time and location of your choice.
Participants will learn to:
- Increase profits through well-planned and executed collaborative negotiations with logistics service providers
- Maximize the effectiveness of your employees who must negotiate in strategic, tactical, telephone and face-to-face negotiation situations
- Increase confidence of your employees as negotiators through successful practice and extensive feedback
- Learn to effectively negotiate from the position of long-term value to your suppliers
- Learn to uncover suppliers' objectives and how to use that information to affect negotiation outcomes
- Recognize the importance of pre-researched options targeting lowest total cost to reaching successful outcomes
- Learn to minimize conflict and deadlocks by providing participants with the skills necessary to handle Logistics negotiations
- Learn to focus upon interests and issues and not take dangerous positions
- Learn to effectively handle supplier relationships and their behavior during and after difficult negotiations
- Integrate learned skills to enhance personal effectiveness as negotiators
- Learn to coordinate the process of negotiation within the organization
- Successfully enhance communications through the development of a common negotiation language
Class Size: 6-15
(Please note that we can increase the class size for private seminars)
Length: 2 days
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
For more information and pricing, please complete this form and we will email you a confidential Annotated Outline that will provide you with an hour by hour description of this training seminar.
Neutralizing Negotiation Tactics
Public Negotiation Training